Rev. Fr. Y. Ignatius, the co-founder of Kalugumalai Parish firmly believed that education was the cure of all social injustice and indiscrimination in the society. As a result he started the St. Mary’s elementary school in 1919 at St. Lourde’s church campus in Kalugumalai. Later in 1950 the school was upgraded to middle school by the initiative taken by Rev. Fr. Sebastine Arikod. In 1981 it was upgraded to R.C.Susai high school by the initiative taken by Fr. Amalraj, the Parish Priest of Kalugumalai. And later by the invitation from Rev. Fr. Amalraj, the Parish Priest of Kalugumalai, the Diocese of Palayamkottai the Montfort brothers of St. Gabriel took charge in the year 1983 to cater a value based education and a holistic formation to the children in and around Kalugumalai. Rev. Fr. Amalraj, the Parish Priest of Kalugumalai was the first correspondent of the school from 1981 to 1983. His pastoral work and love for the humanity is much appreciated by all sects of the community in and around Kalugumalai village. We, the Montfort Brothers of St. Gabriel owe a lot to him for his selfless service and guidance. Mr. Velladurai was in charge for the editorial and administrative purpose of the school.